Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Help. Identity theft. Lost my identity for a number of hours, but quickly found a way to get it back.


Identity theft! This week someone tapped into or hacked into, not only my email account, but my wife's email account as well. The hacker sent out a message (via my account) explaining that I was in "tears" because I was in need of money and staying somewhere in England. Go figure. Well, I spent much of my morning "re-establishing" my identity and getting my email account back on track. Unfortunately, by the time I had it straightened out, hundreds of people had already contacted me, letting me know that my identity had been stolen.

If you're a Christ follower - beware. The devil is constantly trying to hack into your identity. In fact, Jesus stated that the Devil comes to steal, kill, and destroy (John 10:10). The Bible points out that the devil's tactic of hacking is much more subtle and far more dangerous. For example, the devil may hack into your physical appearance. You look in the mirror and you don't feel very special. The devil may hack into your past failures and steal your identity. The devil may keep you powerless over your addictions and steal your identity. And yet, the Bible says that if you are in Christ, you are a NEW creation, the old has GONE - and the new has COME (2 Corinthians 5:17). How important it is that we subscribe to the proper anti-devil virus on our hearts and minds? Download Jesus today - and see yourself through the lens of Christ.

On a side note: Special thanks to the many of you willing to send or wire your money to us in England. Did you know that the word, gullible, isn't in the dictionary? And special thanks to Bruce Anderson, who was in the process of boarding a plane to visit us. What a true friend you are!